Focal Point

Focal Point
Focal Point is more than a blog. It's purpose is to help us stay focused on Christ through Gods Word as we navigate through life and today's culture.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Can you hear me now?


Do you ever feel disconnected from God or have a hard time hearing Him?  The older I get the worse my hearing gets and sometimes I feel disconnected from people because I have a hard time hearing exactly what they are saying..  In fact I have had to say to my wife...”what?”….”say that again”..  Then there are times she has said to me…’can you hear me?”  Well that’s the same question God often asks of us …“can you hear me now?” In fact that question was made famous as a result of the Verizon commercials.  But did you know that God is also trying to get our attention.  That’s right God wants to talk to you, He doesn’t want us to be disconnected from what He is trying to tell us..  Why?  Because God knows what lies ahead, the dangers in our path and He wants to lead us through them.  But in order to do so we must take time to listen to Him in prayer and through His Word.  When God speaks we need to listen.

But Do you know why it’s important to hear Gods voice?  Well for one it protects me from mistakes.  He will warn you in advance of traps in life.  That’s why He says in Proverbs “Listen for Gods voice in everything you do and everywhere you go.  He’s the one who will keep you on track”   He says in Psalm 32 – I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you”

No comments:

Post a Comment