Focal Point

Focal Point
Focal Point is more than a blog. It's purpose is to help us stay focused on Christ through Gods Word as we navigate through life and today's culture.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

God gives us courage

Not only do I like a good starbucks mocha, but I also got something even better at the Starbucks in Hattiesburg, MS. The other night I went in for an evening Mocha and while waiting for mine to be made I saw two ladies sitting close by with their Bibles. I walked over to them and noticed one had a John Maxwell study bible and I pointed to it and said "that is a good book". They nodded and agreed. Soon I found out they were attending the church my nephew went to and I asked them to pray for Karen.

Then one of the ladies got up with her Bible and showed me a verse she had underlined. What a great verse. Karen and I have read it now twice at night. Psalm 27:13-14 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed. That I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

When you walk through the valley of death you can easily lose heart. But knowing our Heavenly Father is their for us gives us courage. When we wait on Him it causes us to trust more and grow in His strength.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Hmmm....I wonder who told you that you are a "fixer?!"
    My pastor from when I was young, growing up recently (last week) lost his 1 year old great grandson. His great grandson became sick from a twisted hernia, his name was Michael. They are devestated. Last night I read your blog re: Starbucks. The verse spoke to me and I had to share it with them. As I shared with his wife how they will see verses in a different light now that they are grieving and mourning this horrible loss. She wrote back and thanked me and posted that verse on her FB status. It is bringing a comfort to her heart. Thanks for this blog. I truly believe that the experiences that you have had will give you a compassion and understanding in ministry that you've never had. I believe that you stand tall for clinging to Jesus throughout this ordeal...rather than crumbling in despair and blaming God. As I've told you and Karen both throughout the last month, "I LOVE YOU BOTH!" I continue to pray!
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scripture - I need to memorize that one. I also love the look of your blog and it's a great picture of you! Love you, your little sister

    ReplyDelete