Focal Point

Focal Point
Focal Point is more than a blog. It's purpose is to help us stay focused on Christ through Gods Word as we navigate through life and today's culture.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rebuilding our life

Today I sat in the outpatient rehab waiting room and looked at an article about Jillian Michaels.  For those that do not know who Jillian is she is one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser TV show.  When asked why she did what she did Jillian commented by saying this, "I am passionate about helping people rebuild their lives."  I thought wow, that is exactly what the church (not the building) but the Pastor and the people ought to be about...passionate about helping people rebuild their lives.  The problem is we get so focused on other things don't we?  I know I do..but that is what I want to focus my life on and the life of our church..being passionate about helping others rebuild their lives.

Then I sat with Karen in Therapy and listened to the Occupational Therapist talk to us.  After awhile of small talk he said "ok we can talk philosophy forever, lets get down to business and do some therapy"  As he walked into the other room, I told Karen, that is what we do in church too much.. we talk about the philosophy of Christian living, but not the nuts and bolts of 'how to"

My prayer is .. Lord help us be passionate about helping people rebuild their lives and help us give them the principles from Gods Word to do it"  The nuts and bolts, right down where the rubber meets the road in the daily grind of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment