Focal Point

Focal Point
Focal Point is more than a blog. It's purpose is to help us stay focused on Christ through Gods Word as we navigate through life and today's culture.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When you need Help: Look Up


Where do you go when you need help?  I guess we can look in the want ads, call our parents or a close friend.  Perhaps even call your Pastor, go to your spouse and you might even go to your boss.  Sometimes however we talk to the wrong people about our needs.  We go to a person who either gives us bad advice or they really can not do anything tangible for us at all. 

Not only who do we go to for help but where do we go when going through the valleys?  I don't mean the valleys of death, I mean just the deep dark valleys of life, valleys that so many of us travel through.  You might say, "well its pretty shallow right now, its not that deep, and I can make it myself"  Well I have news for you, unless you begin to look in the right direction even when it is shallow you just might sink to despair when it gets deep simply from lack of practice.  Too many people wait until its a 911 call to heaven before they start talking to God about the valleys of their life.

Psalm 121 has been a tremendous help to so many people.  I know it was to me just three years ago when Karen was in the hospital and I was going through that dark valley.  It is a passage that has been memorized, quoted and sung about.. It is a reminder that God was and is a great source of help and strength to those of us in need. 

Psalm 121 says I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep
5 The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night
7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore
 
When your mountain seems too big to climb, look up and remember who gives you the help you need.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment