Focal Point

Focal Point
Focal Point is more than a blog. It's purpose is to help us stay focused on Christ through Gods Word as we navigate through life and today's culture.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Love part 2

We live in an age that honors personal feelings above almost everything. We do what we want when we want because we feel like it. And if we don’t feel like it we don’t. But as I survey I Cor 13 of Gods Word I am struck by the complete absence of any stress on personal feelings. The kind of love spoken of there is seen, experienced and demonstrated. While it may start in a feeling of compassion or pity - it never ends there.

Gods Word gives us several elements of a love that should be evident in our lives. The first one is Patience - The Bible says ‘Love is patient’ and its not dealing with patience in difficult circumstances but rather patience with difficult people and that can be tough at times can't it?  But It also carries with it the idea of one who has the power to get even but chooses not to use that power.

As we think of ways to be patient, let me suggest that you start with someone you love. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to hear that on a daily basis. Being a mom of 3 little kids can be awfuly tiring amd patience is always something I need more of.
    Thanks for the reminder! ♥

    ReplyDelete